#IceBucketChallenge

This post has nothing to do with puzzles, but I feel compelled to make it.

As many of you may be aware, the #IceBucketChallenge is a recent trend in spreading awareness of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). This challenge has gone completely viral, thus succeeding in creating this awareness. Paul M., also known as Vraal within the National Puzzlers' League, has challenged me to this. I have reason to believe this challenge to be in jest, but I will nonetheless take it seriously. Unfortunately, I'm a total wimp, and I've read this Forbes article about the #IceBucketChallenge, so despite the massively clickbait-y title of this post that led you to expect some sort of schaudenfreude-inducing video of me getting wet, I forfeit the #IceBucketChallenge. While I cannot currently afford a full $100 forfeit, I have donated $25 to the ALS Association in Vraal's name.

For the three people I challenge, I choose any three people in this puzzle community of ours with $25 to spare. Please donate to the ALS Association in Vraal's name so that we can collectively muster up a complete $100 forfeit. Perhaps if you take proper precautions (such as keeping valuable electronics and puzzle books as far away from you as possible, and not holding your breath), you could take on the actual #IceBucketChallenge and prove that you're less of a wimp than I am, thereby earning the eternal respect of everyone in the puzzle community. As for me, though, respect in the puzzle community isn't exactly my strong suit, so I'll continue to just write tons of puzzles instead, like the ones that will be appearing on Grandmaster Puzzles this week. This Slitherlink is the first one, and I think some of the other ones are pretty good, too!

Thank you for reading, and thank you, Vraal, for being an awesome puzzle solver. :)

Blog Archive